Saturday, May 17, 2014

Las Vegas - Sambalatte


Isn't that cute? I'm a Starbucks junkie so when I go to an actual non-chained coffee shop, it's always a treat. I had looked up Sambalatte before and noticed two specialty espresso items on the menu that is not offered at many places - the cortado and the flat white. I did a search for cortado on Yelp and found some places do offer it where I live, so I opted for the flat white. The flat white is in between a cappuccino and a latte, the foam is distributed evenly throughout the milk so it makes an extra creamy drink. They advised me to stick with whole milk and seeing that the drink is probably six ounces overall, I went with it since it wouldn't make me feel too bloated being that little.


The prices are what you would expect on the Vegas strip. They have a nutella latte I didn't get a chance to try but will next time I go. I just got stuck on their flat white and that's what I kept ordering. When we came back there, we opted to drink at the cafe and got mugs and saucers instead.



The drink itself doesn't come out piping hot, it's a nice hotter than warm, but don't have to let it cool down to drink hot. I don't like my milk to have a scalded taste and sometimes, chain coffee shops produce milk-based coffee drinks with milk hotter than it should be, yielding a scalded flavor. I like how they make art on the foam so every drink feels so special. I believe they roast their own beans since I saw a whole coffee bean work area sectioned off in the store. The roast was not bitter or burnt, it was smooth and ever so slightly smoky. I would say acidity was very light or nonexistent. But of course, I wouldn't be able to tell that much with the whole milk in there to smooth everything out. *sigh* I wish we had a Sambalatte here in Houston.




They have plenty of seating, including a lounge-type seating area and a community table, which my mom and I sat at to enjoy our flat whites. It's a cute big coffee shop that offers pastries, desserts, and savory breakfast items as well. Next time you're in Vegas, make sure to visit one of their locations. They have a couple and this one is on the strip right in front of Monte Carlo. Keep in mind they do close early by Vegas standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...