Friday, May 30, 2014

Las Vegas - Gordon Ramsey BurGR


Looks delicious doesn't it? Also looks small doesn't it? Well don't let that fool you. That sucker is meat-loaded. The patty was thick and we couldn't finish it. Our adventure on Friday finished off with Gordon Ramsey BurGR @ Planet Hollywood. We went to eat around 9 pm and it was about a 10 minute wait, although I overheard 45 minutes to 1.5 hours for larger parties. Dining as a party of two is usually easy.

I ordered my mom the Hell's Kitchen Burger which, according to their menu, has "asadero cheese, roasted jalapeno peppers, avocado, and an oven roasted tomato." We ordered the burger medium well and it came out perfectly medium well. That patty is thick, I mean really thick. We're not used to eating such thick burgers. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious and flavorful. I didn't eat a burger as I was still stuffed from eating beef for breakfast. Mom and I shared the Truffle Parmesan Fries.


I really recommend ordering to share. Even though you might get a little greedy upon first bite, you'll have a food baby if you don't share it. This came with homemade ketchup and truffle aioli. My goodness this was the star of the show. Mom hoarded the aioli, but that's fine with me because she was hurting after ingesting too much fat later (hehheh). The fries came out hot and crispy and well-seasoned. It had a hint of truffle but not too much to overpower the flavor of potatoes and the ketchup went very well with it. The aioli was delicious as well, but I got a little overwhelmed dipping deep fried food into pure fat. The ketchup created a nice balance.


I ordered the Soba Noodle Chicken Salad which came with two skewers of chicken marinated in sriracha. The noodles are tossed in a cilantro honey peanut dressing. This is by no means a light dish, but I really couldn't stomach a burger. I didn't finish this and had a little bit of the burger and shared this with my mom. This is a cold salad but it was quite satisfying. I forgot how unhungry I was after having my first bite. I loved the texture of the noodles and the dressing was right down my alley. What could be better than food smothered in peanut butter? Well, it wasn't exactly peanut butter, but it was very peanutty. This dish has a sweetness to it and the spicy savory chicken skewers balanced everything out. The vegetables were crunchy and refreshing. My mom surprisingly fell in love with this dish. She's not too fond of ordering Asian-themed foods at non-Asian restaurants, but she finished all of her portion of the noodles and left behind some of the burger! That's a first for her.


All in all, this was a great burger experience. Service was efficient and fast. Food came out fresh, hot, and flavorful. We really wanted to try his famous shakes that is topped off with pudding, but we were just too full. I'm still sad we didn't get to try it, but maybe next year. You can find Gordon Ramsey BurGR inside Planet Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...