Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bixby Bar Birdie Chocolate Bar Review

You can always count on Whole Foods Market to carry unique brands of... everything! Everything meaning especially chocolate. I came across this baby brick of a chocolate bar called Bixby Bar (say that five times). They have a couple of varieties which made it that much more difficult for me to choose just ONE. If I weren't on a dark chocolate kick, I would have automatically chosen the To The Nines bar, which is white chocolate with pistachios, almonds, goji berries, and cardamom. But alas, I chose the Birdie bar, which is a 72% cacao bar with hazelnuts, black currents, and fleur de sel.




Most of the ingredients as you can see, are organic. So that makes it healthy chocolate right? And it's dark... which is supposed to have a plethora of benefits...

Moving on. I was excited to try this since it was such a thick brick of a bar. It seems to be a trend lately, thick solid chocolate bars. Most chocolate bars are thin and scored to break into smaller servings. I just wanted to dig my teeth into this.



Well I did. It wasn't as solid of a chocolate bar as I had hoped. There were too many currants and I didn't really get a sense of the hazelnuts. You can see that it wasn't really hazelnuts and currants embedded into solid chocolate, but more like all mashed together to make a filling. Sort of like a truffle, but not nearly as smooth. It didn't really satisfy my chocolate craving.

That's not to say I have blown off Bixby Bar. I really want to try the To The Nines white chocolate bar and you can be sure I'll post a review of that when that happens. Gotta pace myself. Or else I'll be running forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...