Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BCAA Gummies Recipe


So I follow Soohee Fit on Facebook since I'm a client of hers and she had a recent post about a genius idea: BCAA gummy bears. I've read that BCAAs are great to help with recovery and maintaining muscle mass, especially on rest days and thought, what a great idea to eat beneficial candy! The original recipe comes from Scivation using their Xtend BCAA mix. Well lucky me, I had exactly one scoop of my green apple flavor left to make a batch for my Saturday rest day. I did try a previous recipe using just lime juice and stevia and the ratio was a little off, with 1/3 cup liquid to 3 tablespoons of gelatin. It was a little too firm for my preference and I over-juiced the limes which made it bitter, so I threw it out and set out to make my BCAA gummies as I had orginally planned. These gummies use gelatin so it adds a bit of protein as well, although I'm pretty sure it's not a complete protein. However, gelatin is supposed to be good for your joints so gelatin + BCAAs = magical healing gummies.

This recipe from Scivation has a nice texture, not too firm, but not too soft. It's not chewy like gummy bears, but I suspect that has something to do with the lack of corn syrup or other sticky sugar substance. It's so simple and easy to make. I used some silicone chocolate molds I bought from Amazon and it popped right out. I've read that if you are using plastic molds to dust a little cornstarch in each mold so that your gummies pop out easier. You can also just pour it in a tray and then cut it up or use an ice cube tray, etc.


BCAA Gummies (from the Scivation website)

  • 1 scoop of Scivation Xtend BCAA powder (I used green apple, but I just bought their raspberry blue and I bet it would be awesome here!)
  • 1/2 cup (4 oz) of water
  • 3 tablespoons/3 envelopes/21 g gelatin

In a small saucepan, mix the water with the BCAA powder, then sprinkle the gelatin and let it sit for about five minutes. It will become thick and gelatinous. Heat the mixture uncovered over low heat for about five minutes, then pour into your mold and freeze for 20 minutes. Remove from molds and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gladsome to mature so more serviceable and informative assemblage on your website. chipping yips cure

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...